Hood River Jewelers helps you celebrate and remember those very special moments and occasions in your life.
- We are the sigh of a loved one when receiving a special gift of fine jewelry.
- We take the care and time to design a piece of jewelry that will reflect the care and time you put into the idea of giving the gift.
- We like to capture the sigh of happiness when receiving the perfect unique piece of jewelry designed especially for them.
“I sometimes find it difficult to express the good times, the times without struggle or conflict, the times without searching, the times when I am with peace with the world and myself. These are the times to receive unique gifts of jewelry when the emotion is hard to express.”
The celebration of asking my dream girl to share the rest of our lives together, the celebration of that special day when we asked our most special guests to witness our ceremony, the celebration of every anniversary and birthday, the celebration of giving birth, the celebration of finally completing the studies and graduating, the celebration of passing those tests and receiving that new certification, the celebration of losing those last 10 pounds, the celebration of buying that new house, the celebration of gaining a new sense of independence, the celebration of finishing that last cancer treatment, the celebration of finally making it home, the celebration of realizing how much you still love her and want to say just because, the celebration of forgiving yourself and being able to move on in life.
We are artists and we are Professional Jewelers. We live in Hood River, Oregon, one of the most beautiful areas in the world, which influences much of what we do. We are involved in our community on multiple levels, which also influences what we do and how we do it. We care about what we do and who we do it for.
- Member of American Gem Society
“Our vision to create an association dedicated to setting and maintaining the highest possible standards of business ethics and professionalism in the jewelry industry. Today, American Gem Society members continue their dedication to ethics, knowledge and consumer protection.”, learn more about the American Gem Society at www.americangemsociety.org .
- Member of Jewelers of America.
“Jewelers of America’s primary purpose is to improve consumer confidence in the jewelry industry by: serving as a forum for discussion and analysis of issues; playing a leadership role in public, government and industry affairs; advocating professionalism, including high ethical, social and environmental standards; and facilitating members’ access to education.”, learn more about Jewelers of America at www.jewelers.org
- Members of the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce (former Ambassador, Board Member, Vice President and President) and The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Hood River Rotary Club (past President, past Treasuer, Membership Coordinator).
Julie A. Strader
- Certified Bench Jeweler, Jewelers of America (First Jeweler in Oregon to earn this certification)
- Certified Jewelry Arts Professional, American Gem Society (First Woman in US and Canada to earn this certification, First Jeweler in Oregon to earn this certification)
- Designer, Goldsmith and Bench Jeweler since 1984
- Certified Gemologist Appraiser/Registered Jeweler, American Gem Society
- Graduate Gemologist/AJP, Gemological Institute of America
- Certified Watch Repair Technician